Policies & Guidelines
1. Guidelines - For the comfort and safety of Trius Transit passengers, we ask that all passengers follow our "rules of the road". Please note that Trius Transit vehicles include both low floor and high floor buses.
2. Animals - With the exception of working dogs, animals are not allowed on Trius Transit Vehicles, unless properly restrained in a closed cage so the animal will not cause a disturbance to other passengers or damage to the vehicle. The driver has the right to ask the guardian of the animal to remove the animal from the bus at the next convenient Drop Off / Pick Up location.
3. Smoking - Passengers are not permitted to smoke while on transit vehicles, bus shelters, and terminals in accordance with the provincial Smoke Free Places Act.
4. Clothing - Passengers are required to wear a shirt or top and footwear while travelling on Trius Transit Vehicles.
5. Scents - Passengers are asked to respect the comfort of others who are sensitive to fragrances and consider a "scent free" environment.
6. Food and Beverages - Food and beverages are not permitted on buses for the purpose of consumption due to specific safety issues. We recognize some passengers may bring food or beverages from home and ask that they store the items in containers with secure, safety lids.
7. Passenger Conduct - Trius Transit is committed to providing a safe and respectful environment for all customers and employees. Passengers are required to refrain from the use of offensive or aggressive language and behavior. Should a passenger demonstrated these behaviors, the Bus Operator has the right to use his/her discretion and ask the passenger to leave or refuse entrance to the bus.
8. Important Schedule Information - Trius Transit operators do their best to follow the posted schedules in order for you to arrive at your destination safely and on time. However, on occasion, road construction, inclement weather or traffic tie-ups may cause delays in the schedule. Your patience and understanding is appreciated during these times.
9. Cost - Please refer to the Fares page of the web site.
10. Lost & Found - For lost items, please call the Lost & Found at (566-9962) from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
11. Transfers - Transfers allow passengers to complete a one-way trip without paying additional fare and can be used on Ch'town, Stratford, and Cornwall buses. Transfers are only issued when and where you pay the fare. Be sure to request the transfer at this time and keep it for the duration of your one-way trip. Please note, for the most part, that transfers are used for the next available bus (normally within a 5 - 20 minute window) but not for stop-overs. Transfers are the passengers' responsibility and no other transfer will be issued.
12. Other Policies - ** Passengers using audio/video equipment such as radios, i-pods or DVD players, etc. are asked to use earphones and adjust the volume accordingly as to not disturb other passengers. ** Passengers entitled to a reduced fare must present required identification upon boarding. If ID is not available, the full adult fare must be paid. ** Rollerblades and bicycles are prohibited on Trius Transit Vehicles.
13. NO TRANSIT SERVICE - on the following HOLIDAYS: New Year's Day, Islander Day, Good Friday, Canada Day, Labour Day, Thanksgiving Day, Remembrance Day, Christmas Day, and Boxing Day.